Pages

Plasticise

24 September 2009

London Liter

Poster at Charing CrossSince The London Paper closed down, it's noticeable that London Lite isn't distributed any more around Charing Cross station in the evenings, presumably to encourage people to buy the Standard instead. As there's more chance of me spending the homeward journey sticking pins in my eyes, I find I now have time to read, and at present I'm reading Richard Dawkins' The Greatest Show on Earth and I've written some initial thoughts on the other blog.

Meanwhile, someone at Charing Cross has come over all passive-aggressive. It really is the kind of notice you'd expect to find in a shared student kitchen, and that use of the phrase 'high proportion of persons' entirely gives away the character of the designer of the poster. I've nothing against stopping smoking in the station, but this is ugly and mean.

1 comment :

Keith said...

Prefer the Standard myself. And it has a chess puzzle!

The London Paper was dull while London Lite is very lightwieght and tabloid-ish - although it does have many colour pictures of attractive ladies.